Thursday, October 31, 2013

ISTANBUL,ISTANBULاستانبول, استانبول





Dr Faramarz Soleimani:Istanbul,Istanbul
استانبول, استانبول
Istanbul, Istanbul
At the end of a long tunnel
Under Bosphorus
And between two continents
The sun rises
On red flag
Turk Bayragi
With a white crescent moon and star
Ay-Yildiz
Love flies like butterflies
on the sky
And marble of the sea
The sea of blue marvels Extending her waves
In Akdeniz and Karadeniz
In love and life
Istanbul,Istanbul
Is Tan Bul,Istanbul
.
Silk Road strolls with you
Between lands of sands
In harbor and the sea.
She sits and chats with you
In cool Grand Bazaar
On Ghali
Behind colorful ceramics
And stained glass windows
While smoking hookah
And sipping on tea
Istanbul,Istanbul
.
You are not just a city
You are Empress Zoe  or
King Suleiman,The Magnificent
Adorned in gold and jewels.
You are the bride of the globe
Istanbul, Istanbul
.
You rose in roses
You fell in ashes
But then you flew
To the orbit
And constellation
Istanbul, Istanbul
.
You were called Is Tim Bolin
Or To The City
But sitting with Golden Horn
You are called IstanGold
You walked with me everyday
From Taksim Square to Aksaray
You walked me to Holy Wisdom of Hagia Soufia
And Topkapi Saray
Istanbul, Istanbul
.
Who said we were at war?
We always were in peace and love
And birds
Still fluttering
Between us
Istanbul, Istanbul
.
Once said Orhan Vali Kanik ,1914-1950:
"I am listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed
First breeze is blowing
And leaves swaying
Slowly on the trees
Far far away the bells of the
Water carriers ringing
I am listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed ."
Orhan Vali ,drunken of old times memories continues:
"I am listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed
A bird is flying round your skirt
I know if your forehead is hot or cold
Or your lips are wet or dry
Or if a white moon is rising above the pistachio tree
My heart's fluttering tells me...
I am listening to Istanbul with my eyes closed "*
.

5
دل در بر من زنده برای غم توست
بیگانه خلق و اشنای غم توست
لطفی ست که می کند غمت با دل من
ورنه دل تنگ من چه جای غم توست
My heart is living for your sorrow
Stranger to the people and intimate with your sorrow
Grace of be it not your sorrow
But so lonely won't fit your sorrow
.

Istanbul, Istanbul
I Istanbul
You Istanbul
We Istanbul
So we all are Istanbular
Istanbul
Istanbul
---
Orhan Vali's pieces Translated the Turkish by Murat Nemet-Nejat

RUMI ROBAI : FARSI/ENGLISH رباعی رومی 
فارسی\ انگلیسی


Robai by: Molana Jalaledin Molavi Rumi
Translated by :Dr Faramarz Soleimani
Painting by: Zohreh Khaleghi,
Z Gallery 

---
March 1991 ,on a trip to Istanbul,Turkey,with friend,the Persian journalist:Ali Dehbashi
Addition made on November 1st,2013
For Turkey Independence Day


No comments:

Post a Comment