Sunday, July 15, 2012

POSTCARD: I SURREALLED WITH DALI

I surrealled with Salvador Dali at # 1 Dali boulevard of St.Petersburg,Florida.I dived into my skin
 while preparing for a storm.A mermaid submerged in a rainy Rolls Royce  ,all in black and white,as homage to Dali's rainy taxi which he created for 1938 International Surrealists Exhibition in Paris(Happy B Day Paris !) Dali revised it for his Venus Pavillion at the 1939 New York Exhibit.Then at Fundcio Gala-Salvador Dali in Figures,Spain,Dali used a 1940 Cadillac for his metaphysical joke,in fact a practical one.
Life is a double portrait or braided tresses .He was expelled from art school.He was expelled from family home and circle.Life is tough for prodigies.Life is all imagination,so still life coming alive at genius' hand not only inspired by Freud of psychanalysis ,but also by Lorca,the prince of poets, and Bonuel ,his friend ,classmate and a great cinematographer,among others.Dali's captions are also awsome.Look at this one:Average Atomosphorograce phalic in the art of milking a cranial harp.
This is how he wandered at life,in his daily insights and fantasies,in his art and anti-art .His sense of humor is teasing rationals and rationalities.That is how the scientists discovered his subatomic particles and let him ascent and stay in the sky with his dreams.
Dream is a broken bridge,Dali is trying to rebuild.From Dali's big canvas,at the end ,I close with where he broke the egg of life to begin:Geographicus Child Watching the Birth of the New Man.Dali was a great watcher.The genius is always a great watcher .Each time I go to him,I am stunned and sustained at his side.And I just watch.From inside out,albeit I miss a lot!
CoolPix،poems &notes by:Dr.Faramarz Soleimani,M.D.
see my other essays on Salvador Dali ,especially my city travelogue in Simorgh Monthly,
Los Angeles,California  2000
از قصه ی سو ر رال شدن با دا لی و تاریخ معاصر :
گفتیم روی سیبیل سالوادور دا لی یک نقا ره خانه بسازیم
نقا ره خانه را ساختیم
اما نقا ره چی دزد
خم شد با چشمان گریان
 یک مشت خاک برداشت
و با پو ل ها گذا شت توی جیبش
و رفت
در رفت



















No comments:

Post a Comment