Friday, May 22, 2009

LANGSTON HUGHES DAY


*EPILOGUE
I, too sing America

I am the darker brother
They send me to eat in the kitchen
When company comes
But I laugh
And eat well
And grow strong

Tomorrow
I'll sit at the table
When company comes
Nobody'll dare
Say to me
"Eat in the kitchen"
Then

Besides
They see how beautiful I am
And be ashamed-

I,tto am America
-Langston Hughes
JAMES MERCER LANGSTON HUGHES,
b.02011902,JOPLIN,MO.,
d 05221967,NYC*
I CALL MY BELOVED POET,LANGSTON HUGHES ,AS MARTIN LUTHER KING OF POETS IF NOT OBAMA OR BILL CLINTON OF THE POETS .LANGSTON HUGHES CONTRIBUTED EXTENSIVELY TO BLACK CAUSE AND WITH HIS POETRY AND WRITINGS ,AS WELL AS THE LITERARY MOVEMENT OF HARLEM RENAISSANCE INFLUENCED GENERATIONS OF BLACK POETS AND WRITERS .
ON THE DAY OF LANGSTON HUGHES PASSING I AM GOING TO RECITE IN SILENCE ONE OF HIS SHORTER POEMS OR HAIKU,TITELED:
-TODAY-
THIS EARTHQUAKE
WEATHER!
HONOR AND HUNGER
WALK LEAN
TOGETHER.
remember Joplin is located in SW of state of Missouri,close to borders of Kansas and Oklahoma with 40 000+population,right on I44.if there is a Langston Hughes Museum there,I did not find it in my papers,and you may let me know if there is one.
ON LANGSTON HUGHES bd , HOPEFUULLY WE CHAT MORE ON THESE...
modified 02012011

No comments:

Post a Comment