Thursday, November 17, 2011

PERSUMA PERSUMYSTIC



I AM WRITING THIS PIECE IN HONOR OF JOHN ASHBERY,THE AMERICAN SURREALIST POET ,WHO RECIEVED 2011 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD FOR LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT  ,AND WAS PRESENTED WITH A MEDAL FOR DISTINGUISHED CONTRIBUTION TO AMERICAN LETTERS.
John Ashbery said:
To many people what I write makes no sense...for as long as I have been writing poetry ,it has been cricized as difficult and privae,which I never intended to be"
I,Faramarz Soleimani,always said:
I POEM SO I AM
With poems I sojourn beyond borders of language and constellation to develop new dimension of being .
AND POEM POEMS SO SHE IS.
To me ,poetry is a very serious matter away from newspapers material and daily news .
It is very serious even when irony and satire matter.
It is not inspired or written under influence.
It might make you druggy and drowsy as Hafez did ,or Rumi did ,or Khayyam did and Nima did, but that was all in essence, at the service of awakening.
POETRY IS FOR AWAKENING
IT IS CREATE IN HARD LABOR
IT IS CONCEIVED IN HARD LABOR IN A COMMON SPIRITUAL MOOD BY THE AUDIENCE,WHO BECOME A POET,BY OWN RIGHT.
POETS ALL POEM SO THEY ARE

No comments:

Post a Comment