Friday, September 16, 2011

CENTREVILLE DAY








image and blography by : moj

WHAT GUIDANCE,FRIENDS,FOR I DO NOT KNOW ME ANY MORE.--RUMI

Places like SOLEILAND are idioms of immigration.
.Immigration of men and women  to this vast land of being.
F.S.
Tomorrow,september 17,is The Cenreville Day,to celebrate The Town of Centreville,Virginia,who was born 1792 ,this day,and since 1992,on her 200th birthday ,witnesses such a jubilation with 71,135 people,20 miles west of D.C.
I adopted Centreville as my hometown since 10 years ago.In my gypsy life,nowhere in the world and her different continents,I lived in one house in one place for such a long time.It feels like a real home now,with my birds,squirrels,rabits and trees that I planted like fig tree,pussy willow,pine and evergreen ,and especially roses and wall roses,not to mention azallia,primrose,hyacinth,daffodils and tulips in my lovely Buddha Garden,Zen Garden and Moj Garden .The only thing missing is the Persian nightingale,that still I am working on.
Centreville was called Newgate years ago for her Newgate Tavern,now just a name.It was also called London Tavern with a stream passing ,unsurprisingly called River Thames,now all gathering in London Towne,right at Stone Road,named for astronomer Ormond Stone.Stone Road now is directing towards the incomparable Air and Space Museum of Smithsonian Institute,at the border with our sister town of Chantilly.
On the other side of town ,Bull Run Park is located to guard the nature,with our Buddhist Temple.In between these is the beautiful Spanish style Alto Plaza Restaurant and Sangria,with shopping malls,making up for good ole Main Street.

*LONDON TOWNE:
Standing by a tree
Covered with cherry blossoms
It is melodic when I touch it
And enigmatic
In between.
Is this a tree
Covered with cherry blossoms
Or cherry blossoms
with mind
Transfixed on a tree?!

HAPPY CENTREVILLE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment