Wednesday, September 1, 2010

RUMI - 3: I AM NOBODY NOBODY NOBODY

rumi,molana jalaledin mohamad molavi balkhi,persian poet and philosopher at 800,(1207-1273),unesco

Part 3 of 3 , a Non-Fitzgeraldian experiece in translating ROBAIYAT RUMI:
*
I want to leap out of I
I want to free out of I
I was chained to places,often
I want to break the chain out of I
*
I said what to do,she said go die
I said I melted down,she said go die
I said I become a moth for your candle
I am the pride of your light,she said go die
*
I can not loose my secrets
I can not reveal them fittingly
There is something inside to enchant me
I can not point my finger on
*
Tonight competing with jupiter and moon
By facing sweet moon faces
Drunkard of wine of the king's bash
tonight is everything I want
*
I am grapes running under feet
I am running behind the love fleet
You asked me why I am turning around
It is not around you but just me
*
O my soul and the world's,I lost the world
O moon I lost the earth and sky
Don't hand me wine,pour in my mouth
Drunkard of you,I lost the way to my mouth
*
Unwanted,I wanted you from you
Of your love I adorned the spread of love
I had a dream last night but forgot
All I know I awakened drunk
*
My bandana,my cloak and my head
They worth not a Deram
You haven't heard of my name in the world
I am nobody,nobody,nobody
*
You were ascetic I made you a singer
You were silent I made you a narrator
In the world you were unknown
I gave you name and fame
*
If I lived with insanity
and walked into why and what
I knocked on this door a lifetime to open
Then know that was inside out
*
We are the mystic treasure of secrets
We are the infinite sea of gems
We are between the fish and the moon
We are sitting on the throne of kingdom
*
The secret you said
Say it again gracefully
When said it,I started to cry
I say it again,Silent,I say it again

No comments:

Post a Comment