Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SUSIE'S PARIS







...AND HERE IS SUSIE'S PARIS
WITH ITS FAMOUS CHAMPS ELYSEES AND
A DIFFERENT VERSION DES INVALIDES
see also:the eye behind the lens.com
susie@theeyebehindthelens.com
HERE IS CHANSON D' AUTOMNE
BY PAUL VERLAINE(1844-1896),
A SYMBOLIST POET OF PARIS:
LES SAGLOTS LONGS
DES VIOLONS
DE L'AUTOMNE
BLESSE MON COEUR
D'UNE LONGEUR
MONOTONE...
he goes on to say something like this:
AND I GO
WHERE THE WINDS KNOW
BROKEN AND BRIEF
GOING AND COMING
AS THE WINDS BLOW
A DEAD LEAF...
like Rimbaud ,I like Verlaine's version better,although I dared translating
it at age 12 ,in the absence of Hassan Hoarmandi,to read it for my classmates in front of our late teacher Parviz Tehrani.This was in Pahlavi High Schhool of Sari and know in Champs Elysees de Paris.I hope Verlaine forgives me.
ET JE ME VAIS
AU VENT MAUVAIS
QUI M'EMPORTES
DECA DELA
PAREIL A LA FEUILE MORTE

No comments:

Post a Comment